WIP Wednesday - the quicky edition.

Not a lot on the go today, i've had a monster headache for the last couple days and being hunched over my machine hasn't been helping any. 

But i did manage to get another one of my bee blocks done.


This one's for Peggy who asked for Christmas blocks in a style of our choice, but referred to this block as one that she liked. My Christmas colours are not really the norm and i'm hoping that she likes it! I really enjoyed making this block and i will definitely be making it again! And i think i know what fabric will be my starting points for the fussy cuts... hoping to show you all soon, it's in the mail!

After spending the morning making that block i quickly realized that machine sewing wasn't going to be my friend today. Time to bust out the AMH hexies. So this is what the rest of my day looked like...


The progress on these is painstakingly slow, but i'm enjoying it! I picked up the Square Dance panel in blue and the larger squares are perfect for 12 inch blocks.  I'm thinking i might pair the smaller squares with squares of hexies to make a 12 inch four patch block... did that make sense? Anyway, i'm hoping to make a bit more progress with this one, i'm probably delusional, but i'd like to be doing the hand quilting on this one this fall. 
It's okay... you can laugh, i'm trying hard not to!

Getting my link on with Lee and Kelly this week!!

High fives for having my bee blocks finished through September!
xo snips

Progress has stalled on the Indian Summer quilt... those feathers people, i will find a way to make them work! I think my next border is going to be one of Tula Pink's + blocks from her City Sampler book. Or triangles. Some simple vertical stripes? I seriously have no idea...

Comments

  1. Love the Christmas block, with the non-traditional colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexies are lovely! When I see some I always feel like I must do some hexie project myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little reindeer. Those AMH hexies are scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That reindeer is so stinking cute! I heart him. Perfect size, perfect cut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay, your blog is back. Sorry to hear about the headache; i hope it is gone now!! The Christmas improv is awesome but i really want to curl up and live in those hexies. The colors get me every time. At least you don't have a shortage of ideas for the Indian Summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on getting all your bee blocks done through Sept! It's so nice to cross thing off the list :) I am loving your AMH hexies. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute Christmas improv. The colors are nontraditional- and awesome! I'm sure she will love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday and I hope you're feeling much better!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts