WIP Wednesday - the Fussy Square Block Swap edition.

Not much on the go today, hoping to get the little Sarah Jane Sidewalk Blocks quilt finished up to post on Friday... fingers crossed! I have however managed to get six square in square fussy cut blocks made up for the block swap that Amanda from What the Bobbin is hosting. And by six i really mean four because two of them ended up a bit short on fabric, dang!

So here's what i have so far.


A little Crafty Chloe and some Cosmo Cricket scissors.


Some Tula Pink love, inner and outer from her Prince Charming line. Middle fabric from Lotta Jansdotter.


A little nautical action for the sea lovers out there. Some Ahoy Matey from Michael Miller with clementine dots, also from Michael Miller.


Love this one... i might keep it ;) Outfit from Lucy's Crab Shack, dots are Amy Butler Love and the stripes are Stripe Soiree by Josephine Kimberling.

Now the last two are still needing to be fixed but here they are anyway!


Fabrics are all from my scrap boxes and i have no idea what they are... but i need to fix those green bits, they're still in the seam allowance but i'll get them fixed up!

And lastly,


More Heather Ross, her stuff's just made for fussy cutting! Mice are from Nursery Versery and the trees are from The Grand Tour from the Victoria and Albert Collection. I wish i had of noticed the short bit on the bottom there a bit sooner, oh well, easy fix!

So that's it! Now i just need to make six more, or ten... twenty. Trust me folks, these little blocks are so addictive, you won't want to stop!

So that's it for this edition of WIP Wednesday, stay tuned tomorrow for this!


That's right! My first tutorial. Come on back, you'll either learn something really cool or have a great laugh... depending on how well i write it. WHAT?!! I should have written it already?! Aw crap...

High fives for fussy cutting!
xo snips

ps. if you haven't already i would love some feedback to help finish this quilt up!! please and thanks!

Linking up with Lee and the gang over at Freshly Pieced! Always awesome eye candy over there!
And as always, with Kristy over at Quiet Play for the PPP! Pop over and check out all the awesome fairy tale action happening!

Comments

  1. LOVE the first block! So cute! They're all cute, actually! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad we are the swap together and hope I end up with a block or 2 or 3 or 12 of yours :). Can't wait for your tute...if your intro pic there is any indication, I am betting it will be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the laundry line block and cannot wait for your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all SO darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all SO darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, these are all so squeal-worthy! Your fabric choices are just perfect. Looking forward to the tutorial! Your image with the chalkboard lettering and washi tape is so cute. I have a feeling you're going to take Pinterest by storm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the first block. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I just adore those little mice! Perfectly paired with the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these! The nautical one is totally my favorite, although the Lucy's Crab Shack is also fantastic!!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love those fussy cuts. I feel so happy to be in this swap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love you little blocks -- esp the mouse family and he seamstress one. I'm in the swap also -- maybe I will get lucky and one of these will come m way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts