It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

That's right peeps, only 188 more days until Christmas!! Are you ready? I've done 90 percent of my Christmas shopping and the recipes are being pulled for the 85 different types of cookies and sweets i will be making. 

Hahaha, can you imagine? I'm lucky if i get the tree decorated before the big day! 
This year though i will have my Starry Christmas quilt finished in time to use for the holidays. 

With the boys gone for the day today i thought i'd tackle some more stars. I started with January's Lucky Stars BOM and it turned out quite well if i do say so myself!


I also enjoyed the fact that this one only had four fabrics meeting in the center! 

For my next trick i tried the Caldonia block from Julie at 627 Handworks. I love this one, probably my favourite so far, and one that i would love to eventually use as a whole quilt!


And here's a shot of everything i have so far on my fancy design wall.


Okay so that one with the blue and red Tula print is a bit obnoxious, i may need to use it on the back, or maybe if i make a few small stars using that print and scatter them around it won't stand out as much.

I'm just randomly making blocks that i like until i think i have enough. I still want to add a Swoon to the mix and i have a few from Carol Doak's 50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars that i want to try. And probably some more from the Lucky Stars BOM... As for putting them all together, i think i may do something like this.

So yeah, i guess that's it for today... I'll be linking up over at Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday.
And Needle and Thread Thursday with Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation
High fives for getting a jump on Christmas!... and we'll all just pretend that i didn't actually start this quilt for Christmas last year.

Comments

  1. you go girl! love, love, love your stars!!! I think that one star is so bright and fun, and I think it would be a great little pop of bright color on the front.

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this awesome project at Needle and Thread Thursday!!

      :) Kelly

      Delete
  2. I am going to want this quilt!! I think that the Tula block will be perfect in there giving it a little sass and pop! Fabulous work; love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the Caledonia block! Very nice!

    All of your colors are stunning,in your face beauties:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some great blocks! I will have to check out some of Julies patterns. Caldonia is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do get a high five from me, Snips! You're first block is my favourite. Great fabrics and perfect execution! Keep up the super work!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your non-traditional Christmas colors. I think all the blocks look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first three sentences had me hyperventilating... glad you weren't serious! I love all of these stars and they are going to make a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are stunning! But, Christmas already?!?! I'm beginning to fell woozy...LOL! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, I love all of those blocks. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those stars are amazing! Great job piecing everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love these, what a great idea, just what I like....lots of variety! I know what you mean about blocks that stand out, that's what I'm thinking with some of my city sampler blocks, I think it's hard to tell until you've got a few more made up though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful, you're doing a great job and I can't wait to see the final result! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny!! and your quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful sparkly stars! Loving the fabrics!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so not a Christmas fan, but your stars look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts