Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, I have no face.


I can't even begin to tell you how excited i am about Kristy's new patterns! I volunteered to test out the Princess Leia pattern and let me tell ya, so easy to do! I knocked this one out while Max was down for his morning nap. I obviously still need to embroider her face on, i'll try to get to that tonight. I desperately want to try some of the other ones that Kristy has been making up, forewarning, there's going to be a lot of Lego Star Wars quilt blocks coming up in the future!

I also found time to give this little arrow pattern from Sew What Sherlock a try. 



 I bought it on Craftsy a while back and just hadn't given it a go. While i'm not entirely happy with the result i can assure you it's my ineptitude and not the pattern. I somehow made the center shaft more narrow than the other two ends and it looks a bit silly. I will definietley be trying this one again though, i feel  it will be making it's way into my Indian Summer quilt... you know, when i figure out what kind of pattern i want to use for it!

That's all folks, first day of summer and all that so more of this going on than sewing!


Linking up for Finish it up Friday and the Paper Piecing Party with all the cool kids!
High fives for the summer!! Have a great weekend!
xo snips

Comments

  1. What colour did you use for Leia's face? I've got Robin (the Boy Wonder) to do and I'm debating about going shopping or making do with what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princess Leia is so cool! Looks like your boys were having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Princess Leia is awesome! Can't wait to see her with a face. Love the colors you chose for the arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from finish it up friday. Definitely needs to have a face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to do the Batman one if I can get a chance to work on it. I have the pattern printed out and what fabrics i needed written down. I think yours came out beautifully:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay. I actually laughed out loud at your post title. I don't know why it tickled me so much but it did! the block is neat though. Is she doing a whole set of characters? That would be a little boy's fantasy quilt!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embroidering Leia's face might be harder than the paper piecing!! She looks awesome; I love all of Kristy's Lego Star Wars people and the Super Heroes. I have plans for the Super Heroes. I think your arrow is awesome and I think I need one!! Did I ever tell you I bought a fat eighth of Indian Summer? Love the fun pics of your cutie boys! Happy First Day of Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing Leia, she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how Leia turned out - and love your title just as much ;)

    I think the arrow looks great - I wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with it and even after reading your comment on it I still had to squint to see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leia looks super cool even without face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving both of these blocks. I can't wait to see how Leia looks complete. And the title is pretty clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! So cute! I can't wait to see the face! The arrow looks great too I didn't notice the skinny middle until you pointed it out. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Star wars - so cool! Great job! I'm still on the Super Mario quilt, better not start another one... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best for the embroidery as the oattern sounds like an easy one to do. How lovely to have some shady trees during summer play time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned your Leia block on my blog post about Obi Wan Kenobi here - http://findingfifth.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/old-ben-kenobi.html

      Delete
  15. Hey! It's sewwhatsherlock here, Thanks for sharing my arrow! The skinny shaft happened to me too while I was testing so I actually enlarged the center part of the pattern to compensate for it, but everyone sews just a little bit differently so it takes some adjustment sometimes. (If you hold up the pattern pieces next to each other you can see the center shaft piece is a little thicker than the shaft at the feather end on paper.) I would just take off the tip and feathers and resew the shaft, sewing on the outer sides of the lines this time. You can always sew just an inch of the last piece of the shaft, test it, and correct if needed. Then you only have to rip out an inch of stitches instead of 15. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those Star Wars paper pieced blocks are amazing! So many tiny bits! You're very patient!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts