Just here for a good time, not a long time!

Quick post tonight, then back to sewing. Not a lot on the finish front right now, though i did finish all the straight line quilting on this little quilt.


And started on the echo's around the stars, well one star at least :) I found the perfect backing at my LQS yesterday... 


It's from Amy Butler's Love line, Stone Path. It's a home decor weight so a little heavier than quilting cotton but the colours are perfect and the print goes so well with the quilting and it was on sale! It's been nice to work with too, i might pick up more for a bag or something?
Here's a little closeup of the star echo's.


I'm thinking i might do another echo, we'll see.

Not much else progress wise, i've been trying out some paper piecing patterns. This paper airplane was a test for a pillow for my youngest, didn't have the right shades of grey on hand but i wanted to try anyways.


My paper piecing needs some work but the pattern, from Kristy at Quiet Play is great and free in her Craftsy shop! I'm thinking all my free time sewing next week is going to be paper piecing. I was lucky enough to win a set of patterns from Kristy on SMS giveaway week so i picked her Just My Type letter sets. I'm thinking i  want to make an alphabet quilt... because i need more projects right?!

And because what's one more project in a sea of many, i thought while i'm waiting for some Melody Miller fabrics to arrive for my Super Tote, i'd use some Joel Dewberry i have in my stash and whip up a tester.


So that's my plan for the long weekend! Along with a little kite flying, and perhaps a trip to the skate park!



High fives for the long weekend!!
xo snips

Linking up as always with the Finish it up Friday-ers! over at crazy mom quilts!

Comments

  1. Your quilting looks great! Yeah, super tote! Can't wait to see what you do with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilting on the star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your star quilt a lot, and that backing is absolutely perfect. The paper airplane is tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like you've been busy to me! The pink quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that paper airplane! I can totally envision a whole quilt with airplanes facing different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quilting on your star quilt and high 5's for all your other projects too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! And the backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that quilt is rocking awesome!! the straight line quilting really makes the stars stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job on the quilting it looks great! And the paper aeroplane is fab, I love the clouds fabric! My boys would love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts