Happy late Mothers Day!

So this was supposed to publish yesterday but apparently i messed the date up, oops. 
So a Happy Belated Mothers Day to all you mom's out there! Especially my awesome mom!!
 

I warn you now that this is an extremely photo heavy post...

I started the arduous task of organizing my photos, Thousands, and thousands of photos. For the most part i'm pretty good about uploading my photo's on a regular basis, and labeling and putting into proper folders. But they just sit there, i rarely print them out and i don't view them all that often. So i've decided to start pulling all my favorites together and have some hardcover books published. I spent a great portion of this time scrolling through pics of my boys and would love to be able to actually flip through a proper book of photos of them. 

Now i know that i mostly only post pics here of my sewing stuff but humor me today, after all it is Mothers Day ;)

 My little Sammy only four hours old. (And a month and a half early!)

At six days old, this was the day he was transferred to the hospital here where we live,.

Eight days old and his favourite thing is "kangaroo care".

Two weeks old and just about ready to come home.

Okay folks don't worry i'm not going to go week by week with photos of both boys...
Jump ahead to one of my all time fav's...
seriously people, how can you not love this kid!

And sporting his second straw hat, in a series of many...



Then my sweet Max...
Who gave me a great deal more pain during my pregnancy then Sam, but came in to this world with a lot less drama!

I did 365 photos of Sam his entire first year and i promised my self that when Max came along i would do the same... it didn't happen. Things were a lot trickier with two, and i wanted to spend more time with my guys, not behind the lens looking at my guys. Looking back i wish that i had, or at least aimed for a couple days a week.




I do have a ridiculous amount of photos of Max though and could probably go week by week.


Came across these words of wisdom on pinterest and had to share.
So to all you mom's out there...

you will never have this day with your children again.
tomorrow they'll be a little older than they were today.
this day is a gift.
breathe and notice.
smell and touch them,
study their faces
and little feet and pay attention.
 Relish the charms of the present. 
 enjoy today, mama.
it will be over before you know it.
     -jen hatmaker


  They don't stay little for long!

High fives to hardest workers out there... all of us moms!
xo snips


Comments

  1. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU! its always so interesting for me to hear birth stories. esp. some like mine...both my kiddos were born 6 weeks early..all worked out ok, and i see it did for you too. hooray. i like the poem you quoted...so true...365 pic for your 1st one! whoa! what a treasure that will be...i already find that i havent video'd my second nearly as much as the first...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your post! my son was 8 and a half weeks early and about 3 pounds, so we had a long NICU experience too. He's about to turn 9 and I just wonder where the years have gone. loved looking at your photos, as they brought back such sweet memories of when he was a baby. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you shared these!! Such an amazing part of life and true piece of our individual artist journeys. Beautiful family, happy mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet pics!! Hope you had a Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kids.

    We have lots of photos of our first born, but quite a few less of our second born and even less still of our third child. I don't think it matters too much. I would guess that I have seen maybe 100 photos (or maybe a little more, it's hard to say, maybe even 200 photos) of my entire childhood. I believe for the first 5 years of my life I have probably only seen 1 or 2 pictures per year. I don't feel in anyway damaged by this :) I also don't mind that not every little artwork I ever made was kept and displayed forever and a day (although I feel the strange need to keep every little scribble my children make).

    I love your introduction to yourself and your blog ...

    "Hi! i’m snips... a mom of two beautiful little boys, trying to find the time to start painting again, or maybe a little sewing and embroidery work, perhaps some general craftiness... ...or even a shower at this point would be an accomplishment."

    ... because this is how I feel and why I started blogging initially.

    It looks like you've achieved your goal. I've had a quick look around your blog and it appears that you are both very productive and extremely talented. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts