The Pickle Phone...

Okay, so I'm posting this a little later in the day than I had anticipated. I need to get into the habit of posting earlier in the day. My new job is four to midnight so there will be no more evening blogging starting next month.

Sammy and I didn't get up to much today, with no air conditioning in the house and humidity levels at 100% just breathing was enough to make you sweat. I did get started in on some Christmas gifts...

WHAT!!... yes you heard correctly, I, Queen of "let's make all our Christmas gifts two weeks before Christmas", started early. I have no idea how long this will last, but I'm going to ride this wave for as long as possible and hopefully finish all my gifts before Christmas... no promises.

So here's a sneaky peek of what I've got on the go...

 

I've had a small stash of these fabrics since last Christmas and have decided to do a patchwork quilt for someone in my family. I just need to bulk up the stash and I'm set, until then I'm just going block by block.

I also managed to finish up the alphabet embroidery for this little baby quilt. I was hoping to start quilting tonight but Sam is seriously under the weather. 
I'm hoping it's just the heat and the last little bit of the cold we've both had. He has a ferocious butt rash that wasn't there this morning and screams whenever I change him.
He's finally asleep but the crying that got him there was just heart wrenching. You know the kind where it's hard to catch your breath and you start stuttering? Two and a half hours of that, while going back and forth between my arms and Mr. Snips. He would go to sleep if I laid down with him, but the second I got up he'd be right back at it. Needless to say, I'm posting from bed right now and Sam is asleep beside me.

He was fine earlier playing with his pickle...


I gave him two baby dills this aft, the first was consumed with such enthusiasm you'd think that he hadn't eaten in a year. The second he carried around with him all afternoon making calls on it. (And getting pickle juice everywhere.) I'm pretty sure he was trying to get a hold of my Mom...


"Nana? Can you hear me? I miss you."

Goodnight all!
pickley high fives!


Comments

Popular Posts