Finished!

Just a quick post tonight. I finished the Nicey Jane quilt for my mom for mothers day and wanted to share some shots.
I'm pretty happy with the outcome, despite all the troubles I had with it. Once again I just stitched in the ditch and only horizontally. I had intended on doing horizontal and vertical but after three failed attempts going vertical I decided that just going horizontally is way more awesome and vertical is overrated. And as much as I like the front, I'm in love with the back...

It looks a little wonky in the photo but it's actually quite straight. And now that it's finished I'm glad the vertical stitching didn't work. I'm not sure I would have liked it as much. I used Picnic Bouquet in Gold with a stripe of Kona in Sage and a smaller stripe of Welcome Road in Sky, which was also used for the binding.

I machine stitched the binding on the front then hand stitched it on the back. Bindings are becoming my favourite part of the whole quilt making process. The hand stitching is quite relaxing. 
I finished the quilt off with a monogram, that unfortunately isn't some of my finer work, must get better at satin stitching.

Three finished quilts under my belt now and three more tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted! Two of which are in the process of getting some hand embroidery work done, more on that another day. And I still need to start the Victoria and Albert Collection quilt for my big sis for her bday. 

As well as attempting an Amy Butler purse for my little sis and finishing off some paintings for a show next Thursday.

Plus I'm about to begin rearranging the house. My studio is being moved upstairs, our bedroom's being moved into Sam's room, Sam is being moved into Mr. Snips studio, and Mr. Snips is being moved into the basement, sorry honey! 

I'll try and remember to take progress shots to post, but don't expect anything to soon.

gotta run, bed time.
super quiet high fives!


Comments

  1. the monogram looks very FINE to me! really pretty! And, sounds like you are playing a bit of "musical furniture" between rooms? =D

    hugZ,
    annie rubylslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruby!
    Yeah, lots of musical furniture happening around here! Hopefully we'll be done soon...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts