WIP Wednesday

Not much on the go right now that I can show, so this is going to be a quick post today...

I've started sewing together the Amy Butler HST quilt and it's going okay.



Now by okay what I really mean is that I haven't had to remove too many stitches, or misplaced blocks and for the most part things seem to be lining up. For now.

The whole process started with this stack of 5 inch squares...


Then they got stitched to equal size white squares, half square triangle style...



 A lot of thread snipping, and now the fun begins, planning the layout.
This was my first layout, I got two rows in and decided that i didn't like it...




So I tried this...



And loved it. I had originally planned on just randomly arranging the blocks but the further along I got it started making me itch. I don't do random very well. So that's when I decided to place them according to colour. I love it.

The sewing together part is almost finished...



I'm almost finished sewing the top...maybe tomorrow.
We'll see, stay tuned...

Comments

  1. I love this layout! I also try to do random, but I just cannot seem to master that wonderfully whimsical style. I NEED some kind of order.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts