WIP Wed. and a Happy Mail Day!

So my wip for today was supposed to be my studio...
It has been terribly neglected and has turned into a dumping ground for all manner of things. So i've been in the process of sorting things out, rearranging, planning...etc. I had hoped to move some things around today and maybe put up some shelves, but my Ahoy Matey blocks were calling to me. So instead of cleaning, i chain pieced, and chain pieced some more. Then i pressed and pressed and pressed some more. And finished with a square up, true up, even out...whatever the technical term is for cutting your blocks down to size.


I have 32 blocks done and 32 more to go...

Then this lovely little package came in the mail for me...


The second print down is a Joel Dewberry print that i need for a Christmas gift... the rest just jumped into the cart as i was checking out, i swear...

Okay, okay that's not quite what happened. My last mail day also contained a couple of Joel Dewberry prints for the same Christmas gift, unfortunately the main print i needed for this gift was out of stock. So i figured i get it the next time i needed to order some more fabric. Well, i received an email not even two days later saying that it had been restocked. Dang, i needed a yard of it but hated the thought of paying the $12.95 shipping for one yard when it was the same price to ship 10.5 yards.
And then i received another email from Hawthorne Threads letting me know that they were having a tent sale...perfect timing!! So back i went and filled my cart with the 9.5 yards i needed to get my moneys worth out of the shipping, hooray!! There may be some skewed logic there but oh well, i mean the fabrics were all on sale... except for the Dewberry, and the Tula Pink print on top. And sale fabrics don`t count right?

Okey dokey, moving right along... i have one more photo to share today...


 I meant to post this pic on Monday but... um, hmmm, well... i guess i don't really have a good reason as to why i didn't post it. I forgot? Anyhoo... While walking to my mom's on Monday we went through downtown and found that it had been yarn bombed. The trees, benches, fences, light posts, everything! Sammy loved it! We went around and around to all the trees so Sammy could see every one. We then decided this one to be our favorite, love the spiderwebs!

Well, i guess that's all for now,
still not high fiving yet...
both boys are still snot factories...
xo snips

Comments

Popular Posts