Season Opening

Well, Sunday was the season opening for the Aberfoyle Antique Market and despite the freezing cold rain and wind, my mom and I took my little Sam to his first of many Sundays there.
.
 
He had it easy... being pushed around nice and warm under his inclement weather dome and asleep for the whole outing. While my mom and I froze our fingers off and questioned both our sanity and whether or not it was worth it.

I did come home with a few great finds though. Just snapped some pictures of my treasures today and thought I'd share them.
First find of the day...

Lovely little wooden ampersand typography block...just 3 dollars!, I love dictionaries, calligraphy, typography, basically anything to do with letters...so when I came across this guy I just had to have it.

My next fabulous find was this mint Samsonite goldenrod train case.


I found it at the start of the day and wasn't sure if I really needed it or not. I wanted it but I had to know what I was going to use it for before buying it. So I left it, and proceeded to worry about losing it all day. I finally remembered this and thought I could transform Mr. Samsonite into a carry all for my small hand sewing and embroidery projects.
And really, for $18 how could I not buy it?

I found this next...

Another lovely little hobnail piece for my collection. Cause that's what i need...more glassware. I could hear Mr. Snips in my head loud and clear...where are you going to put it, don't you have enough, we need a bigger house. Five dollars people! There was no way I was letting this one go.

My last purchase of the day was the camera in the middle.
 
    
A nice Brownie Reflex for my collection. Fantastically dirty on the inside for lots of character in the photos and at only fifteen dollars I snatched it right up. Now I just need to make a new contraption for it and find my tripod...hmmm.






Comments

Popular Posts