Handmade Gifts...

I try to give only handmade gifts, or at least one handmade gift with store bought gifts. Now during busy season, i.e. Christmas, this leads to many sleepless nights as well as a great deal of stress, (I have time management issues.) But when I have only one person to worry about I tend to do better.

Case in point... my little sisters birthday. I had planned on just making her a nice throw size quilt using some of Amy Butlers Soul Blossom line. There were skeptics out there that didn't think it would be finished on time... myself among them. But not only did i get it finished i was also able to make her some cute little gifts for her kitchen!

So on with the pics... quilt first.

I went with a simple brick path layout, and just stitched in the ditch to leave the focus on the fabric.


For the back my sister wanted a single fabric so we decided on Dancing Paisley in limestone.



I used Peacock Feathers in sea glass for the binding...


And finished everything off with a little embroidered A on the front.


I'm quite happy with the results and my sister loves it! Not bad for my second quilt!

The other little gifts I made using Filigree Deco Plants in teal.
I started with a cover for her Kobo reader...


which I also monogrammed for her... cause I'm awesome like that.


Unfortunately it looks like I embroidered it while wearing an eye patch 
and being attacked by satanic gophers. 
But it's the thought that counts right?

After making the Kobo cover I had some fabric left over and thought,
"Hey, maybe I'll make some coasters for her kitchen". So I did. 
I then thought, "Well I can't just give coasters... hmm, I'll make some matching pot holders!". 
Then I thought, "Well this isn't right, it needs something else... tea towel!"
Perfect, and a great excuse for me to make more hexies...



They turned out rather well if I do say so myself, now on to the next project... 
...an Easter basket for Sam!

Comments

  1. Those damn satanic gophers! LOL
    I think you did a marvelous job with all of your projects (embroidery included!). LOVE that peacock fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!
And will usually respond by email, unless you're a no reply blogger. Then pop back here for a response!

Popular Posts